The organization released its official timeline for entering the feature and television categories of the competition. The deadline for feature film and television submissions is December 5, 2021. To be eligible, a feature film must have a release date between March 1 - December 31, 2021. For any of the TV categories, a show must air or stream between January 1 - November 30, 2021. The four television categories are:
- Episode of a One-Hour Television Series – Commercial
- Episode of a One-Hour Television Series – Non-Commercial
- Episode of a Half-Hour Television Series
- Motion Picture, Limited Series, or Pilot Made for TV
The ASC will also bestow a Documentary Award and Spotlight Award. ASC members nominate and vote on winners in these two categories.
A complete timeline for the 36th ASC Outstanding Achievement Awards and additional details can be found on the ASC website.
Key dates include:
- Submissions Open for Feature & TV Categories Oct. 4, 2021
- TV Eligibility Period Ends Nov. 30, 2021
- Feature and TV Entries Due Dec. 5, 2021
- Spotlight & Documentary Entries Due (members only) Dec. 13, 2021
- TV Nominations Voting Begins Dec. 15, 2021
- Feature/Spotlight/Docu Eligibility Period Ends Dec. 31, 2021
- Feature Nominations Voting Begins Jan. 10, 2022
- Feature & TV Nomination Voting Closes Jan. 24, 2022 (Noon PST)
- Nominations Announced (all categories) Jan. 25, 2022
- Final Voting Begins Feb. 1, 2022
- Student Awards Feb. 26, 2022
- Final Voting Ends March 17, 2022
- 36th ASC Awards March 20, 2022
Honorary awards, including the ASC Lifetime Achievement Award and Board of Governors Award, will also be presented at the awards ceremony.
ASC was founded in 1919. There are over 420 members today who have national roots in some 20 countries. More than 250 associate members hail from ancillary segments of the industry.