- Software defined Pay as You Go - Easily add new features through additional software licenses. No additional hardware required.
- 12G ready - Ultrix natively supports 12G throughout the entire chassis. This means it’s ready for UHD production when you are, without replacing any hardware or losing capacity.
- Transport agnostic - Ultrix supports SDI, fibre and IP signal I/O. Use all of one or mix and match as you need. Focus on workflow, not on transport.
- Hyperconverged design - The Ultrix platform is production in a box. Video/audio routing, multiviewers, audio processing, frame synchronisers, clean/quiet switching, UHD gearboxing, production switchers, audio mixers and more all unified in one single chassis.
- Cost savings – Due to its size, base feature set and software capabilities, owners save significant money on upfront capital costs. Additionally, the advanced architecture provides significant ROI in terms of power, cooling, shipping, and space costs.
The FR12 features up to 288 x 288 SDI ports with a 6144 x 6144 TDM audio fabric, up to 288 frame syncs, 288 clean quiet switches and up to 48 x 100 PIP multiviewers. It also has up to 8 SDPE blades that can be configured as a single 8ME Ross Acuity switcher, 8 independent Ross Carbonites or even a 4ME Acuity and 4 independent Carbonites. In short, the routing, processing, and switching capability in the FR12 is very hard to beat.
Up to 48 Independent multiviewer heads in a single 12RU chassis. Each head supports up to 100 pips. Completely independent and individually controllable providing superior flexibility. Up to 6k x 6k audio routing and processing fabric comes standard with Ultrix. Up to 6k x 6k embedded, and 2k x 2k discrete audio (through use of the AUX ports) supported. Route, process and configure down to a mono channel, regardless of I/O. Add the optional Ultrimix-MXR license to the fabric and a virtual, fully routable audio mixer is enabled bringing unique, one of a kind, audio flexibility and capability to the Ultrix chassis.
Attendees to the IBC Show at the RAI in Amsterdam from 9-12 September 2022 can see the new Ultrix FR12 on Ross Video’s stand 11.B10.